Terms and Conditions
The Centre may change this policy periodically. Historic versions may be requested via contacting the Data Protection Officer.
The current policy version details are located within the footer.
The Categories of Members Information That We Collect, Process, Hold and Share
- Personal Information (such as name, date of birth, gender, email address)
- Membership Contract Information (such as name, date of birth, address, email address, emergency contact)
- Competition Experience Data (This is collected and shared with the 750 Motor Club, to advise and guide members)
- Photos taken with consent (at testing events, competitions and social events)
Why We Collect and Use This Information
We use member information data to:
- To establish you as a member of the Centre
- To deliver Centre specific information to you, including changes to policies and procedures
- To request survey & voting results
- Enable the development of a comprehensive picture of the member to assist with progression in the sport
- Inform members about development of the sport & Centre
- To assist in improvements with the Club & Centre
- To be able to meet the needs of all its members and safeguard their well-being
The Lawful Basis on Which We Process This Information
We process this information under the membership contract you have entered into with the Vee Centre or in relation to the steps taken to enter into that contract.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in the Centre’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of the Centre. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the Centre or is in your vital interests.
Collecting This Information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain membership information to us or if you have a choice in this.
At present all Driver Members contact information is provided automatically from the 750MC upon registration into the 750MC Formula Vee Championship.
Storing This Information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the Centre and for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
Who We Share This Information With
We only share this information with:
- 750 Motor Club
- Motorsport UK
- Other Club’s where competitions are held
The reason for sharing your data is to highlight and encourage competitors to advance in the sport and to apply for further funding when applicable to ensure the sport or Centre’s longevity.
Why We Share Membership Information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
It is a pre-requisite that all members (Drivers) register with the 750MC, hence we will share information with them.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact the Centre’s Chairman.
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- Withdraw consent at any time
Name of Centre: Vee Centre UK
Data Protection Officer: Chairman of Centre (Vaughn Jones)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, if you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance.
You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
If you choose to block cookies some parts of this website may not operate. To block cookies please do this within your browser settings.
This website and its content is copyright of Vee Centre UK – © Vee Centre UK 2023. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.